A message of support and hope
Just to let you know, that like you all, we’re adapting to the new – temporary – circumstances.
No-one could ever have imagined this scenario – the country on virtual lock down for what would appear to be the next 12 weeks.
That doesn’t mean that everything has to grind to a halt, though we’re all much missing social contact and our hearts go out to all businesses and employees affected, particularly those in the hospitality and service sectors who are facing such uncertain times.
This week we would have been supporting the Midtown Business Club’s Health Wealthy event featuring the lane’s own Preventicum, URBANFITNESS London, Central Health Physiotherapy, Pure Sports Medicine and Bupa. Obviously the event has now been postponed. And we’ve had to hold off applying for new dates for the Cursitor Street Food Market.
We know that all businesses will need a huge amount of support to get back to normal and we’re working on a plan to be able to better support and champion the area than ever before. Perhaps we can even try to surpass normal.
In the meantime we will do everything we can to sustain some semblance of community and continuity during these extraordinary times, and we’re liaising with the City of London Police and the Met Police (read some of their advice here) and talking to contacts at TfL and Northbank BID – even our friends at the Army Reserve at 10 Stone Buildings – in case there is information we can helpfully pass on. Sadly, there is the potential for a rise in criminal activity as the area becomes less busy and to this end we are working with partners on how best to remain vigilant.
Let’s all look after each other. And if you don’t already follow us on Twitter at @mychancerylane please start today, or if you would like to join either the CLA Retail Forum What’s App group or the Business Watch What’s App group, please reply here.
We usually hold the CLA summer party in the early summer, and have already discussed with Framestore to go back there again as it was so popular last year. So without fixing a precise day and time quite yet, let’s say we shall all meet then.
For more information please contact
This website is brought to you by the Chancery Lane Association (CLA).
In 2006, the CLA was formed by local landowners and occupiers with a vision to be the custodian of the historically significant and unique location which is Chancery Lane. Over its first decade, the CLA has contributed to the re-imagining of the Lane, promoting an improved streetscape and championing the changing characteristics of the community who live and work here.
In its second decade, the CLA remains committed to continuing and expanding this role as ambassador for and custodian of this prestigious street, cementing its reputation as a notable location within the rich tapestry of London’s architecture and heritage, animated by activity from its notable institutions. The 10-point charter sets out our aspirations for Chancery Lane as we embrace the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
- To promote Chancery Lane as a welcoming and vibrant street, open to all.
- To communicate the changing profile of the street, home to diverse and exciting occupiers.
- To actively engage with the Local Authorities and Transport for London to ensure the best outcomes for the day-to-day management of Chancery Lane.
- To help deliver a streetscape is modern, fresh, clean, uncluttered and maintained to the highest standards.
- To provide leadership in matters related to security and safety.
- To seek strong relationships with neighbouring BIDs and where appropriate adopt BID best practices.
- To improve wayfinding along the street and in the immediate vicinity, promoting connectivity to the north, south, east and west.
- To champion creative ideas to transform underused patches along Chancery Lane into pleasant spaces to dwell for workers, students and visitors alike.
- To show imagination in telling Chancery Lane’s story to a wider audience and to enhance its reputation as a destination with a unique history and character.
- To provide the impetus and means for the lane’s institutions and businesses to collaborate closely on ideas and events with each other and the CLA.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.